Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1 month old!

Holy cats....how is our little peanut already 1 month old?


So, I realize the "1 month" sticker is supposed to be worn by the cute baby above, but we didn't have any white onsies.  Also, I thought the Hawaii onsie was a good nod towards a big moment 1 year ago.  Last January Matt and I were in Hawaii for our friends' wedding and it was on that vacation that we decided that we were ready to start trying to have a baby.  Low and behold, Owen is now in our lives. :)

The past four weeks have flown by...and I'm already having anxiety about going back to work in 8 weeks.  How do you leave your little boy (or girl) with an almost stranger for 9+ hours a day????!!!!!  I interviewed a possible daycare lady last week (we still need someone for  mid March to June 1st) and even though she was super nice, I left the place almost in tears.  I just can't imagine not being around him all day every day...and it's only been a month.  So in true Steph fashion, I drove my hyperventilating butt straight to Starbucks for a delicious coffee drink to make myself feel better.

Ok, moving on.  Owen and I made a solo (aka minus daddy) trip down to Chicago last weekend for a bridesmaid dress fitting (for mommy).  My best buddy is getting married this fall, so it was a fun day for all the bridesmaids to get together for the dress fitting and lunch.  The drive there and back went pretty well, though we made to make a poopy pants/screaming baby pit stop on the way home.  Nothing says class like feeding your screaming baby in a McDonalds.

Our friend's Judd and Allison welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world last week, so the three of us headed out for a visit.  Matt and Judd have been friends their entire lives...so crazy to think they're both dads now. :)


It's been exciting to watch Owen's personality begin to come out.  He seems to be kind of a goof ball and is definitly a very active kicker.  When he lays on a blanket or his floor mat, he will kick his right leg over and over again, which makes me think that's what he was doing in my belly too. :)  He's awake a lot more now during the day, so it's been fun to watch him watch the world around himself and start to take everything in. One more cute shot of my favorite little fella. :)


~M, S, and Big O~

***Stay tuned for a post about my favorite baby items so far, later on this week.***


No comments:

Post a Comment