Friday, June 15, 2012

13 Weeks "God, I'm huge"

Thirteen weeks found us in the first week of the second trimester.  I seriously cannot believe that we are over 1/3 of the way done cooking this baby.  It sometimes feels like I've already been pregnant for a year, but also like we just found out yeaterday.

This week we started working on the baby room.  Well, we actually started last week, but didn't finish until this week.  It was our former "office" or if I'm honest with you, the room we threw all our crap into that we didn't know where else to put.  Luckily we had cleaned out the closet a couple months before, so that was almost empty.  We decided to have a garage sale, not only to make some baby money, but to also get rid of the stuff that one or both of us has to have, but doesn't look at or use for 2 years.  The garage sale went alright, we about $300, but no one bought the three big items we really wanted to sell, which was our old living room couch (we got new furniture this Spring), the over sized green chair, and our snow blower.  So, onto Craigslist they went.  And now we're waiting for the lucky soon to be owners to buy them.  We moved all the closet stuff into one of the closets in the guest room and some stuff up into the attic too. 

**Mental note to future self: Do not watch True Ghost Stories on TV and then go in to the attic.  You will be convinced something is going to grab you and escape into the rest of the house.  You will probably believe this for a whole week.**

Morning sickness seems to have gone away slightly, but I'm trying not to jinx myself.  Energy level has definitely improved too.  And my belly is 100% showing a bump.  I thought it started to show around 11 weeks, but it turned out I hadn't gone to the bathroom in about a week : /  And when I look at the bump, I feel eeeenormous.  Which is ridiculous since I have 5 1/2 months to go...and a whole lot of belly to still come.  **Update: The day after I wrote this post I was naseous allll dayyyy loooong and had a migrane. : / **

Matt and I also think we found our girl and boy baby name.  We are not agreeing on middle names right now, so we'll see how that goes.  Here's a sample of the boy baby name conversation.  (please note....this is based on actual events)

S: How about Mendel?
M: Like Mendel Kendall?
S: Ha! I didn't even realize it rhymed.  How about Daniel?
M: Mehh.  How about Pepper?
S: Pepper?....Pepper?
M: Yeah, like Pepper Kendall.  Sounds like a pro athlete, right?  Or like Barry Pepper.  He's awesome.
S: No.  How about David?
M: How about Dragon?
S: What?
M: I like Pepper too though.

We haven't decided if we're going to share the name with people before the baby is born yet.  Matt doesn't mind the idea of sharing, but I'm hesitant too, just because I know I judge some people for choosing the name they did and don't want to be over analyzing that my friends and family are hating on the most brilliant name in existence once we decide on it.  We'll see....I'll probably end up blabbing to someone at some point anyway.  C'est la vie. :)

~S, M, and Baby K (not Pepper)

1 comment: