Sunday, June 24, 2012

14 Weeks "I puked in the parking lot"

For our 14th week we celebrated Father's Day with Matt's family and made homemade strawberry jam with his dad.  And by we I mean I watched Matt learn to make jam and took pictures of the learning process.

We started by picking 11 pounds (YES 11 POUNDS) of strawberries in a strawberry patch just outside of DeForest. We probably only needed about half that amount, but Matt and I each had a gallon bucket we were trying to fill and both succeeded...I think we were a little too excited to be out picking.  The berries were all pretty little, like just a bit bigger than a thumb nail, so we had a lot of them.  We of course went when it was about 96 degrees outside, but it was really fun.  And I made a new friend and got to feed a giant pig.


"I said don't take any pictures of me bent over!"







My new best friend :)



Apparently I can only take pictures with my mouth wide open, pretending to eat something...


After de-stemming all the berries, you simply measure out the three ingredients: strawberries, sugar, and Pectin (which looks like a Jell-O package) and follow the directions inside the Pectin box.  Each batch made about five 8 oz jars of jam....and Matt made 4 batches.


Yup...4 cups of sugar in one batch of jam...You do the math.  Or actually, don't think about it.  Because if you do, you won't want to eat this divine, delightful, delicious jam.




On Monday (the last day of week 14) I woke up and felt a bit pukey the whole drive into work.  I got to the parking lot, parked the car, and opened the door and puked outside a couple times.  Nice way to start the week, eh?  And of course I had just been telling Matt's parents, "Oh, yeah I've been feeling great, hardly any sick feelings at all anymore."  Go figure.

By that afternoon, I was feeling better, so after work I went shopping for.....maternity pants.  Sexy what what!  Yeah, I realized over the weekend than only one pair of my pants fit me now and with the extreme heat wave Wisconsin has been experiencing, I realllly wanted some shorts.  I was pleasantly surprised by how cute and affordable I found all the clothes at Motherhood Maternity to be.  A lot of it didn't even look like maternity clothes, besides having the belly tie back string, stretchy belly band, or having a little extra belly room.  I ended up getting 2 pairs of shorts and a pair of linen pants for under $60.  I figure three bottoms will be enough until fall and then I'll get a pair of jeans.  I'm lucky in the fact that I get to wear scrubs to work everyday, so I won't have to buy a whole lot of new clothes during whaling season.

xoxo,

M, S, and Baby K

No comments:

Post a Comment