Wednesday, August 15, 2012

22 weeks "Can I touch your belly?"

This last week was kind of quiet on the Kendall front, which was nice since I seem to be falling back into the "I'm tired every afternoon" phase...which is actually quite annoying.  I had been going a little nuts every day after work with organizing, cleaning, and making little adjustments all over the house (aka nesting).  And our house had never looked better or been cleaner too.  Hopefully the short lived nesting will return, since Baby K's room still needs to be painted, curtains hing, dresser painted, closet doors figured out....

This last weekend I went back to Matt and my's college town, Winona, for a girl's/friendship weekend with some friends from college.  Since one of us has a cutie pie little 6 month old, and two more of us are pregnant, we got  A LOT of baby talking time in, which was wonderful.  I try really hard to not overwhelm non pregnant and non parent people with baby talking, since I know it used to annoying me a tiny bit.  But this weekend, I just let it ride and my friend/new mama Nicole is someone I have always gone to for advice, so I was grateful to hear all the baby info she had to offer. :)

My back has started to give me some grief this week.  It seems that no matter how I sit or lay down, it aches.  Sunday night I got about 25 minutes of sleep and had a bad stomach ache all night, so needless to say, Monday was a sick day for me.  I finally got about 3 hours of sleep around 6am and then another hour int he afternoon, but the belly ache didn't go away until Tuesday.  The Doctor said it could have been gas or my belly expanding/adjusting and to keep an eye on it (I have a previously scheduled appointment later this week) and it has since gone away.

One sort of exciting thing this week....we're about 90% sure we have Baby K's name chosen for him!  We had been going back and forth between two different ones (with a third on the back burner) and after talking realized we were both leaning strongly towards one of them.  No idea on a middle name yet, but it's been fun trying out thinking of Baby K as ______ instead of just "him" all the time.

Next week is our 23 week Dr appointment and also our glucose test, which I'm excited for because apparently the baby goes a little crazy from all the sugar and moves around like a maniac all afternoon.  I must say, feeling Baby K move around has been 100% my favorite thing about being pregnant thus far.  I still think it's so amazing that I'm growing a little life inside me all day everyday and that we get to meet him in less than 3 1/2 months.  :)   Holy sh*t.....less than 3 1/2 months.....

22 weeks along

Ty Cobb is a bit of a camera hog :)

Aaaaand this is what happens when I'm crabby at Matt (for some reason I can't even remember) and he tells me to smile for the photo.....he is one lucky man, let me tell you.  Not everyone gets to wake up to this face everyday.....


~M, S, and Baby K~

***Weekly words of wisdom: There is a such thing as too much cream cheese in one weekend.  It may or may not wreak havoc on your stomach for two or more days.  Trust me on this.***

No comments:

Post a Comment