Thursday, August 23, 2012

23 weeks "That may have cured my orange pop obsession"

During week 23, I had our 6 month doctor check up, which included the glucose test, which checks to see if I have gestational diabetes.  In a nut shell, I drink a flat orange pop-like drink, wait an hour, and than have blood drawn.  And two days later, I found out the tests were all negative, which means...no diabetes! :)

We also went to Viroqua (WI) to visit Matt's good friend Judd and his wife Allison, who are expecting their own Baby E just 4 weeks after us.  Allison and I talked babies probably 97% of the visit, while the boys drank lots of beer and we all fell asleep watching a movie by 11:00pm.  Allison and I went nuts in Once Upon A Child, a kids thrift store in La Crosse, where I found a bunch of little pants, since we only had 2 pairs and about 56 onsies.  It was fun to look at little girl girl clothes with the Eastman's since they just found out they're expecting Baby K's future girlfriend. :)

The only downside of the weekend was that I ended up with an awful backache on Sunday, which lasted all day and night....long car trips and sleeping are definitely becoming more and more uncomfortable.

Oh!  Great news I almost forgot about....we 100% decided on Baby K's name this week!  It's the one we had been leaning towards all along, but wanted to wait and see if it fit.  One night Matt referred to him as _______ and suddenly we both just knew that's who he was meant to be. :)  :)  :)  We had been undecided about whether or not to share the name with everyone up front, mainly for all the "looks," aka reactions, people have when you share baby names.  Matt was all for sharing, while I was wanting to wait until we had a cute baby to attach the name to, aka hopefully less reactions, thinking that would also be something private for just Matt and me....but in the end we told our parents, and swore them to secrecy....at least for the time being.

23 weeks along
Emphasizing my prettiness and also my aching back when we got home on Sunday.

I've decided to start doing a funny picture every week, because lets be honest, would I really be me without doing that?  :)  But also a normal one too, so can try and keep you all convinced I can look normal sometimes....but we forgot to do a normal one this week. :)

~M, S, and Baby K

***Weekly words of wisdom: People may look at you weird if you try to shop in normal stores when you're  6 months pregnant.  They will stare at your belly and then at you with stink eye looks on their faces, which  then may or may not but probably will make you see a mega monster stomach in the mirror you're standing by....which then may make you exit the store for the maternity store next door.  This could happen to you.***

1 comment: