Tuesday, August 7, 2012

21 Weeks "I do this for a living, you know"

Our 21st week gave us an amazing, yet super weird experience.  We saw Baby K move.  We've been feeling him river dance about for about two weeks now, but on Sunday night we actually saw him bumping in my belly.  We were sitting next to each other on the couch watching TV, which was kind of weird for us anyway.  Normally we each like to sprawl out on our own couch, but for whatever reason I was sitting right next to Matt.  Baby K started kicking around and just as I told Matt so he could reach over to feel, we both looked at my belly and saw a little poke.  So cool, and weird, but definitely amazing. :)  We both started laughing, which made him stop kicking of course, but we're so happy we were able to experience seeing him move for the first time together.

We also found out that one of my best friends from college is also expecting her own Baby G, just 2 months after us! :)  Believe it or not, these two classy ladies will moms in a few months. :)


Yeah, that was 2005.  And we're with one of our favorite drunk Winona townies.  Don't judge.  We had a great time. :)  One of Matt's best friends from childhood and his wife are also expecting their Baby E four weeks after us. :)  It's been wonderful being able to share our experiences with both couples and I can't wait for baby play dates in the spring!

We also started painting Baby K's room this week!  Here's a sneak peek of what we're doing.  Actually I hate sneak peeks, I'm an instant gratification person.  Here's what we have done so far.


Ok, so the window faces the front of the house and the painted/taped wall is shared with our guest room.  You can see the door handle on the far left by the white wall and a bit of the closet on the very left of the photo.  Our bedroom is on the other side of the closet wall, with our door almost directly across from Baby K's door.  You can see the nasty sick yellow color that the walls were painted when we moved in.  I love yellow, but this yellow reminds me of jaundice.  And stomach bile.  Step One: Paint soon to be striped wall with base/primer paint in Glidden's Toasted Marshmallow.  It took two coats to cover the yellow.  Step Two: Measure, chalk line snap, and tape for soon to be stripes!  (Step 2.5: Argue over the best way to measure and put tape on the wall)

Step Three: Make nice with Matt after being too bossy and admire his paint job.


The grey/blue color is Antique Silver, also by Glidden.  It's a lovely (aka manly) light grey/blue.  Matt wanted blue walls and I wanted grey, so we compromised on Antique Silver...and LOVE it.  The rest of the walls will be painted solid in this color.  I have all of the edging/trimming done, but lost steam after doing that, so the majority of the room is still yellow.

Step Four:  Shove crib and rug back into place so we can admire and envision the room all painted. :)


So the vision for the room is pretty simple.  As you can tell from our wall colors, pretty neutral and calm.  Basically grey/blue, navy, with lime-ish/bright green accents.  The room won't have a theme, besides the colors being used.  The crib is a rich espresso color, like the wood floors, and the changing table is that same color.  I have a dresser from when I was baby that I'm going to paint white (probably the Toasted Marshmallow color) and then probably navy curtains for the windows.  Matt picked out some lime-ish green and bright blue (2 each) canvas totes from Home Depot's Martha Stewart line, that we'll use on the changing table shelves to hold diapers, wipes, toys etc.  Because the closet and main door take up one whole wall, and the two giant windows take up most of the other two walls, the striped wall be the barer of some home made art I have in mind.  It will be a giant painted canvas, to go over the crib.  I really hope it works out because I've had it in mind for our future baby room for a while...and it's going to be awesome!  Oh for bedding, we have the green sheet and we'll probably get at least one more in the room colors (Target has one I've had my eye on).

Anyway, enough about the room.  Here's what I know you're all waiting for, my 21 week belly photo.

21 weeks along:


Just me and my two little boys.  :)


xoxo,

M, S, and Baby K

***Weekly Words of Wisdom: Around 21 weeks your belly will probably start to get in the way of bending over like you used to.  Try really hard not to grunt like a giant pig every time you forget it's there and try to lean over like you used to. : /  ***




No comments:

Post a Comment