Monday, July 30, 2012

20 Weeks "We're having a....."

I'll  let Matt do the honors....

....in several different ways....in various places around Madison....







(07.28.2012)

He's just a little bit excited. :)

We had our 20 week ultrasound (07.23.2012) three days after our 19/20 week Dr appointment.  We got to see Baby K for over an hour on the ultrasound screen, which was amazing.  When we first got started, the little stinker had his legs crossed, so we were not able to check out the gender until about half way through the appointment.  The Ultrasound Tech checked all his vital organs to make sure they were accounted for, the correct size, and had the right amount of activity going on in them. And everything checked out A-OK.  Once Baby K finally uncrossed his legs, he spread eagle and there was no mistaking him for a girl (that's my boy!).  The tech was a lot of fun and announced it by saying, "Here's one leg, another leg, and a third leg."  And then Matt clapped, cheered, and threw his arms in the air.  Yeah, he actually did all of that in the room. :)

After the appointment, Matt had to go back to work and I went to Babies R Us and Target to work on our registries.  Priorities people, let me tell you.  I've been itching to buy some baby clothes, but forced myself to wait until we found out if we were having a boy or girl.  Funny thing is, I didn't even buy anything that day, except for the crib sheet you got a sneak peek of in the last post.


But on Tuesday, I went back to Target and to Macy's and found a couple cute things to bring home with me. :)  The crib mattress and waterproof mattress pad, which we had to purchase separately, came in the mail this week too. (Both from Walmart)

On Saturday we went garage saling for little boy clothes...and hit the jackpot. (Have you noticed how hard it is to find little boy clothes at garage sales?  Seriously annoying)  I also found a little consignment shop that had everything 50% off, and they had TONS of boy clothes.....in case you're wondering, this is what $34 looks like.


Yeah, I'm a dork.  I actually laid it all out so I could admire it and take a picture of it.  I already washed and folded it all too. :)  And apparently I really like red, blue, and stripes.

We also found a changing table on Craigslist that we picked up and weirdly enough, Matt was friends with the girl's (who was selling it) sister.  Small world.

I met up with my awesomely talented friend Heather (check her out at Heather Tyler Photography for proof of her awesomeness) on Sunday for a visit and to buy her first daughter's old stroller/car seat off of her.  It's the Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller in Zest.  So excited for this!

I realize it may seem to weird to people to that we're buying so many things used, but I figure you only use baby things for such a short amount of time, we may as well save money (and the environment too) wherever and whenever we can.  And lightly used is almost the same as new in my eyes.

Here's some more pics of the weekend:


We picked these two hats up on State Street in two of the UW Madison shops.  Since our little badger will be joining us in December, he'll need some cute hats to keep his head warm. :)


Oh, and here's our latest weekly belly picture.  (Though we missed week 19...)
20 weeks along:

(07.29.2012)

One final amazing thing from this week...I finally felt Baby K move!  I thought I had felt him on the morning of our 19 week appointment, but it was only a very light carbonation-like feeling, and only for about 2 seconds.  Our Dr and the Ultrasound Tech both asked if I had felt him move yet, which was frustrating having to say, "Umm, maybe once?"  But then the day after finding out we would be having a hot dog vs. a chicken breast, I finally felt some strong kicks.  I actually love how it went from nothing to everything almost all at once.  And if his movements are any indication of talent, he's going to be an amazing soccer player. :)  I normally feel him the most around 6pm, when he'll kick and bump around for about 2-3 minutes and then again when I go to bed.  Matt felt him move about 4 days after I first did, which made us both happy since sometimes it can take longer for the dad to feel it (or so I've heard).  Felling him bounce around in my belly has been such an incredible addition to the pregnancy.  Knowing he's a little boy and feeling him move makes  it all seem 100% real to us now...instead of just feeling and looking like I ate 14 burritos in one day.  :)

~ M, S, and Baby Boy K :)  ~

***Weekly words of wisdom: A body pillow is seriously the best invention ever.  After Matt fighting with me every night to give up his two of the four pillows I use to fall asleep, I finally picked up a body pillow.  Best. Invention. Ever. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment