Monday, July 9, 2012

16 and 17 Weeks "I don't even look pregnant today"

Sorry for the delay in week 16, but honestly, nothing truly eventful really happened.  So, I'm combining to last two weeks into this one post.  Probably the most exciting thing that happened during the 16th week was the following story:

I had ordered a couple books from the library, so Matt and I walked the puppies down there to pick them up.  Before leaving the house, I put on a pair of my sexy new maternity shorts, a t-shirt, (this matters, I promise) and as we were walking out of the house I said to Matt, "I feel like I don't even look pregnant today."  He was nice enough to not comment.  So, I go into the Lib, grab my books and go to check out.  As the librarian is scanning my books, one of which was, The Happiest Baby on the Block (awesome, by the way) the nice lady says to me, "Ohhhh, are you expecting?"  And I said yes.  And then she says, "I saw your belly when you walked in, but didn't want to say anything just in case, but then I saw the book and just knew you must be!"

Week 17 was the Fourth of July week and I was super excited to have taken Monday and Tuesday off of work for no reason at all.  My lab was closed on Wednesday for the holiday, so I enjoyed 5 full days off in a row, with no plans what-so-ever, something I don't think I've ever done.  I did end up meeting up with Mama Deb in LaCrosse on day, but other than that, nada....which actually turned out to be a bit boring, but oh well.

Matt and I finally ventured out into the community on the 4th to check out the festival in town.  The "festival" consisted of a food tent, about 5 carnival games, and pony rides.  Oh, and Bingo at the firehouse!  We played for about an hour or so and then a certain lucky prego lady won and I definitely screamed out Bingo like a crazy person, when almost everyone else had mumbled it with their hand raised.  I think I did a crazy witch-like giggle too.  Best $15 won ever.

We also met with our first potential daycare provider.  Who in a word was wonderfulamazingdelightful.  We actually decided we liked her so much, were going to call tomorrow and say we're in.  She's interviewing two other families this week for the one opening coming available, so hopefully we made a great/noncreepy impression and she'll pick us. :)

And since you have all been so sweetly asking (and by asking I mean demanding) a belly picture......here you go.  :)  And thank you to my beautiful buddy Tonya for my favorite borrowed maternity dress.  :)

17 weeks along:




xoxo,

M, S, and Baby K

***Weekly Words of Wisdom:  If you skip the tolls when driving to Illinois to visit friends and promise yourself you'll pay them as soon as you get home...you won't.  And $6.00 in skipped tolls very easily turns into a $175 fine from the State of IL.***

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh Hahaha! The library story is a hoot! You look GORGEOUS in the pics too! That dress looks way better on you than it did on me. Let's get together soon. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous Steph! Know that I read every single one of your posts. It's so great to read about your journey into motherhood!!! Have you felt the baby move yet? That was my favourite thing! Enjoy, it all goes by so fast.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete