Wednesday, July 18, 2012

18 Weeks "Those shorts look like my size"

So, bad news on the daycare front.  I called the wonderful lady around the corner (mentioned last week) the next day and told her we were 100% interested in using her for our provider...only to have her say that she was going to go with one of the interviewees that was available in October, verses March (when we would need her).  She said that if we could find temporary care until June, she would have another opening, so we're kind of thinking about that option.  However we chatted with our neighbors earlier this week (both of whom are teachers in town) and they both mentioned that they knew of a few other really good people in town that parents had used and also other teachers.  So, it gives me hope that we'll find someone soon.

In other news...the belly has 100% popped.  I feel like it's grown to a mega belly since even last week's photo  I get weekly emails from BabyCenter.com updating me on the growth and development of the baby and also things I may be going through.  The email warned that if I'm feeling huge now, I should just wait.  I should be gaining about 1 pound a week from here on out and the belly will be growing like crazy too.  Also, none of my running shorts fit me anymore, so I went to Marshall's to find some cheap ones to tide me over...and bought size large (normally I'm a medium) and they looked giant to me in the store....then came home and they were a little tight around the waist.  Definitely made me feel sexy.  Especially when Matt said they looked like they were his size shorts. : /

On the weekend, Matt and I brought the puppies to downtown Madison to walk around State Street a bit and to sit at the Union, which is on Lake Mendota.  And it was a perfect 18 week photo opportunity since it was Suzie's birthday week too.

18 weeks along:


Can't leave these two cuties out either. :)


We also picked out the crib we're going to get this week.  It's actually from Walmart of all places too.  I normally don't even shop there that often (like maybe twice a year), but I've read A LOT of reviews for cribs and the one from Walmart was one the highest rated, not super expensive ones.  It's actually my second choice, but choice number one was over $500...which seemed like a bit much considering the mattress has to be purchased separately.  The one we'll be ordering is only $150, and since we had hoped to spend less that $250 for a crib, I (aka Matt) am very happy with the cost....then we can up the budget for something else, right? :)   

I also found bedding for a boy and for a girl, so once we find out the sex I'll be placing an order on that too.  And we find out so soon!  I literally feel like everyday leading up to finding out is taking an eternity.  Cross your fingers for Baby K to not act all gentlemanly/ladylike and have his/her legs crossed.  We have our 20 week appointment coming up, and the ultrasound soon after!  Yay!

xoxo,

M, S, and Baby K

***Weekly Words of Wisdom: If little kids normally ignore your existence and they're suddenly flocking to you in Target, you're probably pregnant.  Seriously, kids will not leave me alone.  They either come and stand by me for reason, shout "HI!" when they pass me, or smile at me allll the time.  And I don't feel like I have a very friendly face when I'm out and about so, they must have some kind of intuition.***

No comments:

Post a Comment