Sunday, July 29, 2012

19 Weeks "When's the big event?"

OK, sorry to be a week late on this one....but we have lots and lots to share. :)

Week 19 started with a story from the hospital (work).  I went to the cafeteria one morning to grab a breakfast burrito for my morning break.  As I reached for said burrito, I heard someone say, "So, when's the big event?"  I turned and saw a man standing behind me.  I said, "What?" thinking he was asking when I was going to eat my burrito.  He repeated, "So, when's the big event?"  I glanced in confusion at his companion, who pointed at my stomach.  "Ohh," I replied. "December."  He looked at me funny, "Huh, I would have thought you were a lot farther along than that."

And another hospital/work story.  I was talking to one of our Pathologists and he asked me when I was due, and I told him.  He then showed me a picture of a friend of his' that had recently had a baby girl.  When I asked her name he said, "Oh they call her Pepper."  Matt thinks it's a sign.

We bought a crib this week!  I know in our last post I mentioned we were set on a crib from Walmart, but with having to order it and wait for it to arrive, well, we found one at Target (in the store) that we could bring home the same day last weekend.  The stores actually just started carrying this particular model (Graco Mason) too...and honestly, it looks almost exactly like the Walmart version we liked.  And if you look closely at the above link to the crib, you'll see an online review from someone familiar. :)  It went together in less than an hour...and I only snapped at Matt about 5 times too, so win win.

Last weekend we also picked up a rug for the Baby K's room.  We found it at Home Depot.  It's a cream colored shag rug, size 8'x10', which covers almost the entire floor.  We had talked about carpeting the baby room because it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter, but I'm thinking it's been because of the lack of rug and curtains in there.

Here's a peek at the crib and part of the bedding...


We have the paint color picked out for the walls, which we'll pick up and start working on in the next few weeks.  It's currently a pukey yellow color that I've never liked, so I'm excited to paint over it.

We had our 19/20 week Doctor appointment this week as well.  I weighed in and was surprised to find that I had only gained 1.6 pounds over the last month.  I feel like I've been eating more and obviously growing quite a belly, so it was a bit of a shock to only be up that much.  From here on out it should be more steady though....

Stay tuned for another post tomorrow....having to do with a second doctor appointment we had, possibly involving a 20 week ultrasound.....and maybe finding out the sex of Baby K....  :)

~M, S, and Baby K


***Weekly Words of Wisdom:  Have you tried Orange Soda?  Like almost any brand?  It is probably the most delicious thing in existence...and how have I not been drinking it my entire life?!  Not to worry, I'm getting my life's fill these days. :) ***

1 comment:

  1. Haha! If you like orange soda- you will LOVE the glucose test.

    Cute post as always. Muah!

    ReplyDelete