Thursday, September 13, 2012

26 weeks "Don't I look super pregnant today?!"

A conversation from week 26:

Steph: "Oh my god!  Look at my stomach!  Don't I look super pregnant today?!"
Matt: "You are super pregnant..."
Steph: "Yeah, but don't I look really pregnant today?  Like a lot more than yesterday?"
Matt: "......Well, you are almost 7 months pregnant..." (***I'm willing to bet he was terrified of the conversation at this point)
Steph: "Yeah, but still....look at my massive belly!"
Matt: "............"
Steph: "Let's measure it!"
Matt: "Ok, I'll get the camera"

And this is the result....please turn away if you are grossed out by massive giant pregnant (or not pregnant) bellies.  I'm trying to be super honest on this blog and show the high and low points of pregnancy/mommyhood...this picture will probably end up being a low....and by low, I don't mean my waist size.


BEWARE OF MEGA BELLY!  
HIDE YOUR CHILDREN OR THEY MAY BE EATEN BY THIS BEAST!!!

Ok, now that's out of the way.  But seriously....38 1/2 inches around.  Matt told me to cover my belly button because it's about halfway popped right now and kind of looks like a penis is poking through my stomach.  Super sexy.

We had another doctor appointment this week where I got to hear Baby K's heartbeat again (they do this at every appointment) and it was actually up from his steadfast 140 beats/minute to 155 beats/minute.  He must have been summersaulting around when they checked, because the left side of my belly was substantially higher and more prominent than the right....he tends to favor the left side for some reason.  And when the doctor pushed the Doppler microphone to my belly, he kicked really hard in the exact same spot it was touching me. :)

Speaking of kicking and summersaulting....Baby K has been more active over the last week than every single week combined up until now.  Seriously, sometimes it feel like he's riding a bucking bronco in there.  One side of my belly will jump and then suddenly he's on the completely other side within a second or two.  I think to think he's practicing his David Beckham soccer moves, or maybe Matt's dreams will come true and he'll be a gymnast or synchronized swimmer.  We also had our first case of baby hiccups. :)  I've been waiting very impatiently for the hiccups to happen and early this week I was woken up in the middle of the night from them.  They lasted about 30 seconds and then he went back to sleep.  I usually feel them about once a day, normally at night.

Over the weekend we finally finished painting the baby room.  We also hung the curtains and organized the dresser drawers.  My craziness made me organize all the clothes about 4 different times into piles according to size and type of clothes.....and then put it all into the drawers according to size and type of clothing. I almost did the piles by color, but I drew the line at that because I know they'll all be a disaster once he's here anyway.




The dresser was a gift from my Grandma and Grandpa Bell  to my mom and dad when they were pregnant with me.  I'm actually going to paint it this weekend, so it matches the room better.   Either white or navy, I haven't decided yet.  Thoughts?

Only one more week left in the 2nd trimester...crazy huh?!  I can't believe we're almost 7 months along...and in less that two weeks we have our first baby shower!  Sosososososososososo excited for this!  It's with all of my closest bestest most awesomest buddies and I cannot wait to spend the day with them all. :) :) :)

26 weeks along


Matt was nice enough to take this one as I picked at my nose in between pictures.

xoxo,

M, S, and Baby K 

***Weekly words of wisdom: When putting on lotion every morning....It is MUCH easier to place your foot on the edge of the bathtub than to swing your leg up onto the bathroom counter top.  It would have helpful to discover this weeks (or even months) ago.... ***



2 comments:

  1. You're looking gorgeous as ever, Steph! My vote is for a white dresser :) And, that picture of the clothes drawer looks exactly like one of Liam's drawers :) Baby K will be here before you know it!!!! So excited for you two!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too nice Mrs Rebecca! :) I'm thinking white dresser too...I just may have to reorganize all the drawers since I'll have to empty them to paint them... :)

    ReplyDelete