Tuesday, September 18, 2012

27 weeks "My body is crushing my knee"

Week 27 was pretty quiet.  I was home sick from work on Wednesday after having not slept much Tuesday night and I woke up feeling like I was going to puke, a feeling which lasted into Thursday, but I never ended up getting sick.  I'm thinking it may have been an aftershock from the flu shot I got at the doctor on Monday. It was my first time ever getting the shot, so I didn't know what to expect.  The only side effects I had were feeling pukey and my arm hurting the entire week (including while sleeping on that side).  Oh and I somehow hurt my right knee last weekend and can't figure out how.  And it aches quite badly when I walk downstairs or any kind of downward movement (have you seen our driveway?  Or been to our tri-level house?), so it pretty much hurts all the time. :  /

Matt and I went shopping for a chair for Baby K's room over the weekend.  Well, we tried.  We went to seven different stores on Saturday and didn't find one single contender.  Not even a minor contender.  We're hoping to find a non bulky, somewhat modern looking espresso colored leather/leather-like rocker or glider, for a reasonable price.  Or a Pottery Barn slip covered look.  At first we were hoping to find a rocker/recliner, but realized after a couple stores that we probably wouldn't need the recliner aspect of it.  We found a couple leather recliners in our price range, but they didn't rock.  And in the end I would really like a rocker/glider for nursing...and for story time eventually. :)

This is our final week in the 2nd trimester!  It makes me feel like D-Day is right around the corner.  In two months we'll be at full term (36 weeks) and sometime in that final 9th month, Baby K will come screaming into the world.  We've had a few friends/acquaintances go into labor or be induced weeks before their due date, so we're going to make sure we have everything set and ready to go over the next 6 weeks or so.....yikes/yay!!! :)

We have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks though, all of which will be great distractions from panicking about early labor.  Next week is our first baby shower with all my buddies, the week after we have our family shower, and the weekend after that we're have our maternity photos done with my gorgeous and talented friend Heather (and it's Matt's 30 birthday weekend!).  Not to mention we have our baby classes at the end of October too.  Oh, and my belly grew a half inch over the last week (to 39" now).

27 weeks along


~Matt, Steph, and Baby K~

***Weekly words of wisdom:  Stop being surprised when shirts you wore before you were pregnant are now super tight or don't fit at all now.  Seriously, why even try to see if they still fit?  You're growing a baby who is 2/3 of the way cooked....your pre-pregnancy shirts ARE. NOT. GOING. TO. FIT. YOU. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment