Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hi. I'm Owen.

Hi, I'm Owen.



I was born on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 7:11am.  I weighed 7lbs 11oz too, kind of crazy, huh?  I was 20.5 inches long, but am already growing like a weed.

My mommy ended up having to have an emergency C-Section, but she wasn't too scared because daddy stayed by her side the entire time.  I had to spend some time in the NICU right after I was born, but mommy and daddy got to see me for a quick minute before I was taken away.  All the nurses said I had dark blue eyes, lots of blond hair and big hands, so I'll probably be a handsome star quarterback one day.  This is the first time I was held by my mommy and daddy. They were just a little excited to have me with them. :) And mommy tried to put on a good face, but she was still not feeling very well.  But she was so excited to finally meet me.

First family photo :)



My mommy and I had to be on some antibiotics for a little while, so the nurses and doctors had us wired up like robots, but before too long we were both doing better.




Mommy and Daddy came up to visit me in the NICU and I was able to go down and visit them for cuddle time and for feedings.


And before too long I was able to finally sleep in mommy and daddy's hospital room all day and night.  Our first sleepover was fun - I got lots of cuddle time with mommy and daddy slept for about 1 hour.


I ended up with Jaundice, so I had to wear this glow-worm/spacesuit blanket (photolight therapy) for a while to help me get better.  It kind of makes me feel like an astronaut.  This is also a photo of when I had my hearing test, so I look like a mega robot glow worm.  Daddy insisted on taking this picture.


I had a lot of visitors when I was born too.  Man, I am one popular guy. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Kendall...Grandpa was being shy with Uncle Seth

Grandma Bell

Uncle RJ and my cousin Ari made the trip all the way down too!

Auntie Ashley and Uncle Bill

Auntie Courtney and Uncle Mike and Auntie Nicole

My best friend Nolan and his mommy and daddy

And more friends! :)  Seriously, I must be pretty awesome or something.

Then finally it was time to go home!  Mommy and daddy were so excited to being me to our house to meet the puppies and to get our lives started as a family of three.



Stayed tuned for more updates from mommy!

~Owen~




No comments:

Post a Comment