Wednesday, November 21, 2012

36 weeks "So he won't be a monster?"

9 months pregnant this week!

We had our first weekly doctor appointment for our 36th week.  My blood pressure was up a little bit, but still within normal range.  The doc assured us it was normal for it to be a bit higher this late in the pregnancy.  My weight gain was back in the normal range as well.  Calves, ankles, and feet were still swelled up, but again the doc assured us of its normalcy...and that it will most likely only get worse. : /  (My ankles and feet are ballooned up everyday by 5am, which is 30 minutes before my work day starts. Ughhhh)  My belly is back to measuring right on with our 36 weeks and the doc told us that the baby is a good, normal size.  To which Matt said, "So, he won't be a monster?"

I also had my work baby shower last week!  Seriously, I have the most amazing co-workers.  We did it potluck style and I stuffed my face all afternoon (three plates of food thank you) and opened some wonderful gifts.  :)  Good food and good people mixed with not having to do any work for a few hours = a very happy Steph. :)

Since Baby Owen dropped, my nightly bathroom breaks have increased to about 4 times a night.  And plus at least 15 times during the day, if not more.  No exaggeration.  My heartburn has also gotten worse; I've been popping Tums like it's my job.  Heartburn in the middle of the night is a new symptom too, to the point where I feel like I'm going to get sick from it.  I've been trying to not eat anything past 6pm, and nothing spicy late in the day, hoping that will make a difference, so far (one day) it seems to.  The pelvic pressure is getting to the point where it's almost painful, like a badly pulled groin muscle.

Baby Stats
Weight: Almost 6 lbs. and gaining about an ounce a day!
Length: About 18 1/2" long
***I was so excited about feeling baby hiccups, but then only experienced it one time...until now. :)  Baby Owen seems to get them a couple of times a week, right around bed time lately.  He also seems to have about 47 elbows, knees, and feet all flailing around in there...I think he's trying to stretch my poor belly out to make more room for himself.

36 weeks (9 months!) along


Look at how tiny Suzie looks next to my mega belly.


And since Baby Daddy Matthew doesn't get a whole lot of face time on here.... lets not forget that November is Prostate Awareness month...also known as shave your beard into a creepy mustache for a day around our house.  Right after he did this, I told Matt we needed to stop at Babies R Us, to which he replied in a panic, "I can't go into a baby store with a creepy mustache."




~Matt, Steph, and Baby Owen~

***Weekly words of wisdom: As you reach the end of your pregnancy, baby books will warn you that you may loose control of your bladder when you laugh, sneeze, or cough.  Did I happen to cough and then pee my pants this week?.....No comment.***

1 comment:

  1. Heartburn? One word: zactac. It has revolutionized my nights :-)

    ReplyDelete