Tuesday, November 27, 2012

37 weeks "That's a good pancake"

37 weeks marked the best week ever....Thanksgiving!  Seriously, if there was ever an amazing time to be pregnant, it would be over Thanksgiving.  Although, it didn't go as face-stuffingly-amazing as I had hoped.  Due to the swelling of my ankles, feet, and hands (are you sick of hearing about the swelling yet?  I know I am) I knew I was going to have to take it easy on certain sodium rich foods....which if you think about it, is pretty much every single Thanksgiving dish.  I rested most of the day thanks to Matt's wonderful family who all insisted I sit and put my feet up while they did all the work. Unfortunately, my appetite has decreased quite a bit over the last couple weeks, so I only had one plate of food, instead of the 13 I had been planning on eating.  And I only drank water all day, in hopes of keeping the swelling at bay.  By the time we got home, my feet looked like this:


Now, they may not seem too enormous to some of you, but I ordinarily have pretty narrow feet and most flip flops are loose on them because of being so narrow.  I wore flip flops on Thanksgiving, mostly because I didn't want to wear socks, and thankfully I did because they looked like monster feet when we got home.  And my size too big flip flops had made red welts in my feet from them being so mega sized (which you can kind of see on the right foot).  The massive feet lasted about two days, but were back down to almost normal by the weekend.  And I also got a pedicure Saturday morning. :)

Friday (after Thanksgiving) we had a doctor appointment.  My blood pressure and weight gain were good and my belly was back to measuring one week ahead.  We asked about inducing, in case we go over our due date and our doctor told us she would only let us go a week over, which made me very happy.  Though my uncomfortableness is at an all time high for this pregnancy, I am all for letting Baby Owen beat me up from the inside for as long as he chooses.

Nesting has hit an all time high at the Kendall house...by Baby Daddy Kendall anyway.  Matt had a four day weekend over Thanksgiving and went NUTS cleaning anything and everything he could get his hands on.  With the exception of our master bedroom (which is mostly messy because of my clothes everywhere) the entire house is probably the cleanest it has every been.  I even went through our three junk drawers (why anyone needs three, or even one is beyond me) and completely gutted and organized every item inside them all.  Matt also decided our dining room windows were not clean enough and washed them inside and out.


And it wouldn't be Thanksgiving weekend without.....Christmas Tree decorating!!!!  I have been bugging Matt to get the Christmas stuff out of the attic for the last month or so and Saturday (after Thanksgiving) he fiiiiinally brought it down for me.  So he got to not help and watch the Badger Football game while I decorated the tree...best day ever for both of us. :)


Baby Stats
Weight: About 6 1/2 lbs
Length: A little over 19 inches long
***We're considered full term this week!  So if Baby Owen would have shown up, he would have been completely developed inside and out, just maybe a little bit skinny. :) ***

37 weeks along



Clingiest puppies ever. They seriously will not leave me alone when I'm home
...maybe they know something I don't....


~Matt, Steph, and Baby Owen~

***Weekly words of wisdom: Next time anyone visits us for the weekend, we have a new AMAZING breakfast place to take you.  And they have THE. MOST. AMAZING. PANCAKES. EVER.  They are so amazing you will probably say, "That's a good pancake" at least 5 times during the meal.  Just like I did. :)  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment