Thursday, November 15, 2012

35 weeks "Can you breathe any louder?"

***First and foremost, I want to apologize for last weeks post being so grumpy and down in the dumps.  I think, ok I know, that sometimes people forget that any other person in the world is going through or has gone through what they are currently going through, like being busy at work, planning a wedding, buying a house, or hello...being pregnant.  In a less wordy form, I forgot I'm not the center of the pregnant universe.  I think when someone is going through something, especially for the first time, they 100% think that no one can relate because it's happen to them, right then.  Every pregnant woman gets swollen ankles at some point.  Every couple has a scary moment (or moments) during their pregnancy.  Almost every woman in history has gone through what I am going through.  Or will go through in the future.  And I finally realized this.  But with all that being said, thank you thank you thank you to those of you who reached out to me, assuring me everything is and will be ok.  Thank you so so much for your on going support through texts, comments, emails, phone calls and happy thoughts.  It honestly means the world to me to know you're out there for me, Matt, and Baby Owen. :) :) :)  ***

During our 35th week I had an appointment with the Kohl's Safety Center through the American Children's Hospital here in town (which is connected to the hospital I work at) to have our car seat/base inspected.  We wanted to make sure that we had the base installed correctly, since the Infiniti did not have any latches, or at least any that we could find.  The inspection is free, you just have to make an appointment, and the women I met with was wonderful.  We walked out to the car together and the second she looked inside she immediately exclaimed, "Well, I see three violations already."  One of them was that the seat belt wasn't tight enough.  As you may remember, we had struggled with installing one of the bases in the Infiniti (but hadn't with the Vibe), so hearing we did indeed have violations, made me so relieved that I had made the inspection appointment.  The lady checked for latches and did not find any, so she ended up using the seat belt, which was a bit tricky because the belt was a little too long to secure the base tightly enough.  In the end she had to twist the clicker side of the seat belt 2 times around (2 1/2 times is the legal amount allowed) in order to be tight enough.  After a few other adjustments, we were good to go!

My swollen ankles have migrated to also include my feet and calves.  Awesome.  I can't wear my sneakers to work anymore because they're way too tight, which only makes the swelling worse.  So, I've been clomping into work in my Ugg-ish boots and then putting on some old Etnies shoes I had held onto from years ago (they're skater style shoes and super wide aka perfect for monster feet) for working.  Oh, and my hands are almost always swelled up too, so the wedding rings have found a new home in my ring holder.  :(

We have the baby monitor and bottles all set now too.  I'm planning (and hoping) to exclusively breast feed for the first month and then ease into a breast feeding/bottle feeding combination until I go back to work.  But just in case breast feeding doesn't work out, I wanted some bottles to be ready.

Baby Owen has definitely dropped a bit, but my breathing is still loud and labored most of the time.   : /  Matt and I saw a movie over the weekend and at one point I could feel him staring at me because my breathing was so loud.  I think I'm also getting another cold, but what's sexier that loud and labored breathing for no reason, huh?  But since he's dropped sleeping has gotten slightly less painful.  Just slightly, but hey at least it's something.

Our go bag is all packed and waiting in the guest room, alongside the packed baby bag and Boppy.  Though we have a few weeks to go until out due date, we could be entering the labor zone any time now. :)  Whoop!

Baby Stats
Weight: About 5 1/4 - 5 1/2 lbs
Length: About 20" long
**Baby Owen is finally head down...and loves to kick me in the ribs with his little soccer feet, usually both at the same time.  I've been feeling his knees, feet, and and elbows poking through my belly too.

35 weeks along


And this what you all get when I feel like Matt is taking photos too quickly, or without giving me enough warning.



~Matt, Steph, and Baby Owen~

***Weekly words of wisdom:  Your husband may start to hover and stare at you every time you grimace/groan from a painful kick.  He may say "Labor? Contractions?!" almost every time too.  He may just be a little bit excited. :) ***


No comments:

Post a Comment