Monday, October 29, 2012

33 weeks "Overdue?"

A story from my 33rd week of being pregnant:

I stopped at the grocery store in DeForest after work to pick up a couple things I needed for dinner.  As I'm checking out, the check out lady looks at my belly and says, "Ohhh, overdue?"  I shake my head, "Nope."  She replies, "Oh, well when are you due?"  "I have about 6 weeks left."  She kind of laughs, "Ohh, well good luck."  Gotta love DeForest townie observations.

This week sleeping hit an all time struggle level.  Both dogs seem to have to be glued to my side during the night, so I'm not only already uncomfortable from my giant belly, but now I have to constantly worry about rolling over on top of and crushing my puppies in the middle of the night.  In fact, Saturday night Ty Cobb rolled off of the bed because he didn't have enough room.  Even moving from my left side to my right is an ordeal that I contemplate over how uncomfortable I really am and if it's even worth it to roll over.  And the middle of the night bathroom breaks are getting a little ridiculous too....some nights I'm up three times now, but I try to keep it to two if I can help it.  I think Baby K has dropped a bit because the pressure on my bladder has definitely gotten more intense over the past few weeks.  It honestly feels like I have to pee almost every second of the day, so I'm constantly trying to think back to when I last went, to see if the feeling is real or not. (sorry, TMI)

One thing we did this week was we installed the car seat in the car!  Since we only have one car seat base right now, our original plan was to install it in the Infiniti car, since it has 4 wheel drive, but when we went to actually put it in, we couldn't figure out how to do it.  For some reason the big car doesn't have any car seat latches in it, but the Vibe (our other car) did.  So after struggling with the seat belt way in the big car for 15 minutes, we tried the latch installation in the Vibe and had it done in about 2 seconds.  I made an appointment with the Children's Hospital in Madison to have a professional install the base in the Infiniti in a couple weeks (their soonest appointment....thanks goodness I didn't wait any longer to call them).  Hopefully they can figure it out.  The main reason we were fretting over getting it into one of the cars now is because I'm making a trip to Minneapolis this coming weekend and we wanted to make sure that the car seat was good to go, just in case.  Oh, and once we had it actually in the car, we couldn't figure out how to get the seat out of the base.  Yeah, for some reason Matt and I are baby item installation challenged.  After pulling and shaking and pushing every button combination we could think of, we realized that there is latch/handle on the backside of the seat that you just have to pull....and it pops right out.  Yup, just like that.  At least we know it's sturdy once it's latched in.


We also had our first baby class this weekend.  Normally people sign up for a six week course, which meets one night a week, for 2 hours, for six weeks.  But since Matt has been working nights, we signed up for the Weekender Class, which only met once for 4 hours on a Saturday morning.  The Weekender Class teaches you about preparing for and being in labor, and being at the hospital until the baby is born.  We also signed up for a one time, 3 hour class called Baby's First Weeks (which is this coming week) where they teach you how to care for your new baby.  The Weekender Class was informative to an extent, but honestly, they pretty much just reviewed everything we had already read in the baby books.  We got to the watch some 1980's birthing videos ( I think the movie makers picked the least attractive people possible).  We also had to hold ice cubes in our hands for different amounts of time to practice breathing techniques/focusing on breathing....And Matt dumped the entire cup of ice out all over our table while trying to give me a few cubes...which actually was a great distraction since I was laughing at him the whole time.  We were definitely the rowdy kids in class that giggled at all the videos and weird stuff they talked about.

Baby K Stats:
Weight: About 4 to 4 1/2 lbs
Length: Just over 17 inches long
***Baby K loves to lay sideways in my belly.  We keep feeling his little head bulging out the side of my belly....which makes him feel kind of like a Conehead baby these days. :)  Hopefully he figures out he needs to be chillin' upside down at some point.

33 weeks along

And I thought this was a funny pose idea...and luckily (for you guys) Matt happened to snap a photo at the right moment.

Pssst...check back later this week for the full Baby K room makeover reveal....and Baby K's name reveal!

~Matt, Steph, and Baby K~

***Weekly words of wisdom: Accept the fact that your breathing (while seated or up and walking around) makes you sound like a creepy snot nosed pervy old man.  And people will probably make fun of you for it.***


No comments:

Post a Comment