Wednesday, October 10, 2012

30 weeks "Baby wants some pizza"

Holy crap we're at 7 1/2 months.  Only 10 weeks left.  Or less.  Hopefully not more....

First off......We found and ordered a chair for Baby K's room!  It's been shipped and should get to Madison later this week! :)  Soooo excited!

We had our maternity photos scheduled for Saturday morning and I was freaking out all week about what to wear and needing to find accessories (like jewelry) to wear with the new outfits.  And as most of you know, I don't really wear jewelry.  I wear my wedding ring/band and the same earrings everyday.  Even when I'm getting dressed up, so why I thought I needed something extra is beyond me.  I went to Target and the mall 3 different times this week after work trying to find the perfect outfit.  And after all that running around, I ended up buying a new cardigan (which I wore with a dress I already had) and a bigger size of a shirt I already owned (which I did not wear).  But more on that later.

We also had our 30 week doctor appointment this week, which was the first of our every two week appointments.  (We had been going once a month, but once you hit 30 weeks, my doctor starts the bi-monthly appointments.) They tested me for preeclampsia, which checks for protein in your urine.  If there would be too much protein (along with significant water retention) I could possibly have to be induced.  Thankfully, everything checked out fine.  I also talked to the doctor about Baby K and my's newish unwelcome best friend, Braxton Hicks.  I forgot to mention this earlier, but the weekend of my friend baby shower/28 weeks, I felt like I may have been experiencing some Braxton Hicks contractions (essentially they are practice contractions), but thought I was imagining things.  Then on Monday after the shower weekend, I was positive I was having them on and off all day at work, and then at the grocery store I started having about 1 per minute for the 30 minutes I was in the store.  Then I started to panic a bit, thinking I could be in labor.  I called the doctor, and the nurse advised me to go home, drink a lot of water (because I was most likely dehydrated from being sick and then rest for an hour or so while doing my kick counts. I should be feeling Baby K kick at least 10 times in 1-2 hours each day.)  So I went home, chugged about 4 glasses of water, laid down, and started to count.  It took less than 2 minutes to reach 10 kicks. :)  Which calmed me down a lot, knowing he wasn't in distress of anything.  It also helped me realize that I really need to drink more water.  And to take time to relax when I've had a busy day.  Since that day, I only have Braxton Hicks sparingly each day, though I do get them more when I've had a really busy day at work.

Saturday morning we had our maternity photos done!  I am lucky enough to have an amazing friend who is not only awesome, but also a very talented photographer. :)  Matt and I met Heather at Wingra Park in downtown Madison at 6:45am Saturday morning, hoping to get some sunrise pictures in .  Unfortunately, it was a cloudy morning, but the few photos we've seen so far have an amazing backdrop of the park and water.  We also went to the Memorial Union (where we did our gender announcement pictures) on UW Madison's campus for some photos too.  I like to think my face doesn't look so weird in real life (I'm probably the most awkward person ever in photos...ok and in real life most of the time), and my serious face needs some work, but I'm loving the few pictures we've seen. :)   Here's a little sneak peak of the photo session:





Matt had just made me laugh in the last one...jerk.  Being all funny and stuff.  But seriously, check out Heather's website for all her wonderful and amazing work: Heather Tyler Photography.  And just to prove to you all how dedicated she is to her work...she fell in the lake about 10 minutes into our shoot (Sorry, Heather! I had to share :)  ) and didn't complain once about being wet from mid-thigh down in 40 degree weather for the next few hours.  A true friend and professional. :)

Saturday night our friends Judd and Allison (and Baby E in the belly) visited us for Matt's birthday celebration and we went out for the best pizza in town, Rossi's, after the Badger football game.


Yup, that's a 30" pizza.  The picture honestly does not do its largeness justice either.  And the four of us ate about 3/5 of it in that sitting...and the rest for breakfast the next morning.  And maybe almost this entire bowl of dirt cake after the pizza...



30 weeks along

~Matt, Steph, and Baby K~

***Weekly words of wisdom: When you're tried, just take a nap.  It may be the last one you get in a loooong time.  Not because you're going to die, but because you never know when the baby could decide to  come early.  Just take a nap.  I know I'm going to.***


No comments:

Post a Comment