Tuesday, October 2, 2012

29 weeks "You're all belly"

29 weeks marked our family baby shower up in my hometown of Bloomington, MN.  My grandma and mom were amazing enough to plan everything and it turned out to be a great day. :)  We decided to do it as a couples' shower, so that Matt and I would be able to see all my uncles and boy cousins (along with all the ladies) over the weekend we were visiting.  We don't get up to the Twin Cities as often as we would like to, so it was so wonderful to be able to see my entire family in one trip.  Matt's mom, dad, brother, and aunt were also in attendance. :)  I realize that moms and dads-to-be expect to receive gifts from family and friends at a baby shower, but Matt and I are so extremely humbled by the generosity of everyone in our lives.  We honestly could not ask for more amazing friends and families and the support they have given us as we begin our lives as a family of three.  Honestly, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you thank you thank you so so so so so so so much for everything. :)

Once we were home (after an extra long drive....we got stuck in a 90 minute traffic jam....40 minutes from DeForest of course) I was able to do my favorite thing....organize all the awesome gifts we received.  I washed all the baby clothes, burp clothes, and blankets and added them to their respective size dresser drawers.  I also took inventory of the few items we still need to purchase before Baby K's arrival (in 11 weeks or less!).  The main "must haves" are few: breast pump, a couple more bottles, bottle warmer, and changing pad.  There are a few more "eventual haves" too (like a pack-n-play and diaper pail) that we're not in as much of a rush to get.  We plan on being hermits even more once Baby K shows up, so we won't need the pack-n-play right away, and we have other garbage cans to tide us over.  And are totally set on clothes until Baby K is at least 6 months old, maybe older. :)

The chair debacle is still on-going.  I have not heard a word from Babies R Us on the chair transfer and after talking to few people and hearing from every single one of them that Babies R Us' customer service is horrendous, I think we're going to by pass the glider I had found there in favor of one from somewhere else.  Where?  Note quite sure yet.  I've been scouring the internet and am trying to narrow it down to a few.

Baby K stats (according to the internet/books):
Weight: About 2 3/4 to 3 lbs or so
Length: About 16 inches (head to heel)
Favorite thing (aka cravings): Cranberry grapefruit juice.  He goes craaaazy whenever I have a glass. :)

Momma stats:
Belly: 39 1/2 inches around
Belly Button: Popped on the top
Stretch Marks: None that I can find or see so far (unless I'm in denial...)
Grievances: The only comfortable position for sleeping is on my back...which is not good for me or Baby K.  Sleeping on either side hurts my back, so then I roll onto my back, which feels so much better, but then I can't breath as easily.  Not to mention it restricts blood flow to my heart... No win situation.

29 weeks along


~Matt, Steph, and Baby K~

***Weekly words of wisdom: Probably the nicest thing a 7 1/2 months pregnant person can hear: "You're all belly."  Trust me folks, even if the prego in your life has gained weight in every other body part, "You're all belly" will earn you major brownie points.  I've been feeling quite large and charge lately and hearing these wonderful words (And I know they're not true...trust me, my thighs touch a lot more than they used to) totally made me feel more all belly and much less bigger arms and thighs. :) ***

No comments:

Post a Comment