Tuesday, October 23, 2012

32 weeks "This is about to get real"

Hello 8 months! :)  Holy cannoli only 8 weeks or less left until Baby K is here. Craaaaazy.

Anyway.  My muddled brain forgot to share some things that happened during week 31.  First and foremost....Baby Daddy Matt's 30th birthday!  He had to work a 10 day, but got a 3 hour break in the afternoon before going back in for a couple hours at night (story of our lives the past  few months) so he got to enjoy the birthday cake I ordered for him.  There's a baker in town Karen the Cake Lady who makes aaaamzing cinnamon rolls, but we had never had a cake from her.  So I stopped in and ordered a Vanilla Turtle cake for the big 3-0.


Mr. Birthday Pants also surprised me with an early "push present" that I had mentioned to him a couple months ago....a Coach diaper bag! :)  We had almost bought one during our Chicago weekend, (where I was checking the bags out at the Michigan Ave. Coach store and then Matt says, "Get one.  Which one do you like best?" Which freaked me out because he is always the rational one who talks me out of buying expensive things I don't really need.) but I panicked and didn't get one because it seemed too easy (for some reason...).  And then my amazing man shows up with one for me after work last week. :)  He picked out the exact one I would have picked for myself too, which doesn't happen very often.  I love it too because I'll be able to use if as an overnight bag once Baby K is done using it.  You like? :)


On to current events. We had our 32 week/8 month doctor appointment last Friday.  All is looking good on the home front.  My belly is measuring a week ahead right now, so Baby K could possibly show up a little early, but nothing is for sure yet of course.  I got the ok from my doctor to travel to Minneapolis for a friend's baby shower in a couple weeks;  she told me to go prepared (aka baby bag, car seat etc...) just in case, but since my pregnancy has been so low risk, she didn't foresee any issues arising.  And speaking of baby bag, I definitely have that beauty all packed up for the big day already. :)

I also decided that the baby room needed to be rearranged one night after work, mainly because the chair was looking quite awkward in the corner I had saved for it.  I don't have the new art work up on the walls yet, so you don't get to see much, but here's a shot of the new chair with some practice cuddle time:


Here's some more baby practicing we did....

*That creepy little clown on the left was my favorite toy as a baby.
...and Ty Cobb is in love with Baby K's green frog on the left.*



Don't judge....you have to find something to amuse yourself when you're 8 months pregnant.

Sunday night Matt and I had signed up for a tour of the birthing unit of the hospital we'll be going to. (It's a different one form where I work.  My hospital doesn't have an OB/Maternity unit-It's contracted out through the two other hospitals in Madison.  And which one you go to just depends on what type of health insurance you have).  We were in a group of about 7 other couples and we all got to see the process from we'll go through from checking in while in labor to checking out to go home with Baby K.  The entire unit was completely remodeled last year, so everything is brand new and super nice.  The labor/delivery rooms are bigger than our family room and they all have Jacuzzi tubs. :)

Baby K Stats:
Weight: About 3.75-4 lbs
Length: About 16.7-17 inches long (head to heel)
**Our little soccer star's kicks have become quite painful lately.  Since he's running out of room and the kicks have less amniotic fluid to cushion all the blows he sends my way, quite a few of them make me jump or gasp out loud.  He also seems to insist I only sleep on my right side, otherwise my ribs ache something fierce when I try the left side.

32 weeks along

~Matt, Steph, and Baby K~

***Weekly words of wisdom: Puppies don't seem to understand that a mega pregnant belly is not a mountain to climb and play on.  Some little puppies seem to think it's a game to stand next to you (while you're laying down) and then catapult themselves into the air and land on your belly.  Maybe also ask them to stop trying to fall asleep on top of you when you're sleeping on your side.***



2 comments:

  1. That chair is amazing! I wish I could hire you to decorate my house...maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that creepy clown doll! LOL!

    ReplyDelete